When I was in undergraduate college, there was a guy on campus, who every Friday would carry red balloons around with him and greet everyone he met with "Happy Friday." I got to know him and he was so inspiring. Before college he had been in a severely bad car accident that resulted in multiple physical and cognitive disabilities. Even though it took away his talents as an athlete and set him back drastically physically and mentally, he was just so positive about life. And part of that positivity was recognizing that every Friday is a celebration. He had made it one more week!
Although he and I have lost touch, and I don't even remember his name, every Friday I think of him. Every Friday his positive spirit still reminds me that no matter what is going on in life at the moment, it is still a celebration to have made it through one more week.
I think he has forever changed my life and my outlook.
This Friday. I am celebrating these things that make me happy:
1. The end of Today!!! I will be so thrilled when the work day is over. I have to be at my first appointment at 7:30 this morning and probably won't be done with my last until 7:00 or so tonight.
2. The fall weather we are having. Sweater weather is perfect weather!
3. Coffee dates with favorite new coworkers
4. Little happy messages on tea bags and food containers.
5. My supervisor's salted chocolate chip cookies.
6. My ability to only eat a few and not go overboard.
7. Getting an over-due library book returned.
8. Getting some mail off my desk and on its way to the people it belongs to.
9. The bubble bath I plan to take tonight.
10. Did I mention how excited I will be when I finally get home tonight?! YAY! Its the weekend!
This is me offering you a red balloon of celebration. What is making you happy this fine Friday?