1. Hearing my husband make me a latte. Going downstairs to find my latte in my favorite heart mug
2. Having planned on taking my husband out to dinner in the middle of the work-week. At dinner I found out that he had a really crap day and that the dinner plans were his light at the end of the tunnel. I love how that worked out.
3. Knowing that at 5pm today I can turn my phone off and not worry about my clients. If they need to call the emergency number thats fine, but guess what, I don't have the emergency phone this week! Not being on call 24/7 is awesome!
4. Finding out that the supervisor said I went "above and beyond" when using me as an example to another therapist. Kind of makes me feel like a rock-star and totally makes all the extra long hours worth it!
5. Getting to see a friend that moved back into town after moving away for the summer to be with her family when her dad died. I've missed her. And this whole summer I've been wanting to give her a hug. Now I get to.
6. The art party I had last weekend. It was a small group full of fun, creative energy, great discussion and a great art making time... and I got to meet a new person.
7. The new person I met lives just a mile or less away, she also has invisible chronic illnesses a lot like mine, we are both therapists, and now we are work-out partners. She and I went to the pool this week. Although I'm really out of shape and have to be extra careful to not overdo it on my knees and shoulders while swimming.... I love being in the pool. It is so relaxing.
8. The rec-center also has hot tubs. This week I sat in the one outside, on a cold night with a clear star-filled sky. It was lovely.
9. At work, I sneaked in some Guerrilla Kindness by leaving little notes that said "just because your awesome (and it's flu season)" and halloween-themed hand sanitizer. Only one co-worker knew it was me. The rest were surprised and left wondering who thought they were so awesome! Love it.
10. There is snow up in the mountains. Ski season has arrived!
What is making you happy this fine Friday??
Linking up with Paint Party Friday and all their awesome artists.
Here is the blow-by-blow of one part of the mess I made during the art party:
1. Tape is a wonderful thing.
I love being messy without worrying about going over boundaries, staying in the lines, or the end product looking like a train wreck.
2. See how messy I am?
Just throw that paint on there!
3. And don't try to make anything pretty.
Hell don't even think about the end product.
Just have fun.
Rolling paint is very soothing, by the way.
4. To go with my messy theme, I stick to using hand-made stamps.
(once upon a time I was a perfectionist... all this mess, my therapist would be so proud!)
4. Add some texture. Slap some random pieces of paper on there!
5. Create funky patterns by laying things down, painting over them, and removing them.
like a stencil... but messier!
Add some bubble wrap prints.
Pop some bubble wrap - just because its fun.
6. Finally stamp out the letter of your choice.
Charcoal makes it "pop"
*This Paint Party Friday was brought to you by the letter E*
Oh, I love sesame street... man, I miss watching that show!
The final will be revealed after I've mailed it off to its recipient next Friday!