Greetings to you!

Tremendous things are in store for you! Many inspirational treats await you! Inside this Scrumdiddlyuptious blog you will find mystic and marvelous surprises that will entrance, intrigue, & delight you beyond measure. So don't just sit there with your mouth open. Go on. FEED YOUR IMAGINATION!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mail Call Monday

 I am lucky to have three people write me regularly:

1. The lovely lovely Micaela, who's letters always make me feel so loved and understood. They really are what I look forward to most, and I check my mailbox every day hoping I'll have a little love from this darling girl. Don't you admire this handmade paper? It had such a lovely texture to it too.

2. My dear sweet Mommy. This postcard of Salome by Robert Henri captures my gypsy soul. My Mommy and I both fully acknowledge that we must have gypsies in our ancestry... our wanderlust is so strong, we have music in our hearts and bodies, and we will always overcome whatever obstacles are in our paths.
 Mommy also visited the historic mansions in Newport, Rhode Island. It looks like it is Versailles, doesn't it?! This trip has  been on my Mommy's bucket list for a while. Although I'm jealous I didn't get to go with her, I know she had a blast going with her best friend.

3. Sweet Kelly who is always so supportive and genuinely interested in how I am feeling and coping with my illnesses. She is one of those rare gems that actually gets it - and for that I am always thankful!
I love the fall beauty captured in this card.
And ^This card is one of Kelly's own sketches! Seriously talented, right? Guess what... she just opened up her very own etsy shop. You should really check it out. I'm lucky enough to have one of her originals, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So hop on over to her store Kelly's Art Journaling and check it out!


In addition to the mail from me three loyal writers I got a wedding invation. This invitation is extra special because the bride is Tyler, of The Girl Tyler, who designs paper goods (in addition to being a photographer - namely a wedding photographer). She and Martin are a cute couple who are really laid back, artsy, and retro. How cute is her idea of a record and album? So cute!


 And just to brag on my friend a little more. Please check out this Save the Date video she made for one of her clients....


Save The Date | Kim & Ly | 1.28.2012 from The Girl Tyler on Vimeo.

6 comments:

laurie said...

what a great post, I enjoyed this,

April Cole said...

Loads of inspiration here today!!!!
Thanks for sharing...
Happy Monday! :]

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Awe Phoenix;
You are such a sweetie pie, seriously!
Okay... I have to say that I love, love, love, 'the girl tyler's work! Ingenious of her to do a record for her invites! And that Save the Date was awesome! She is one talented chick!
Hugs and many blessings to you sweet girl.
Kelly

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Awe Phoenix;
You are such a sweetie pie, seriously!
Okay... I have to say that I love, love, love, 'the girl tyler's work! Ingenious of her to do a record for her invites! And that Save the Date was awesome! She is one talented chick!
Hugs and many blessings to you sweet girl.
Kelly

lee said...

oh i loved everything you showed you lucky girl. I so loved that save the date video, oh to be young and getting married

An'Angelia Thompson said...

OOOOOooooooo......you're a lucky girl to get such awesome mail! Lovely. Big hugs to you and hope all is well.