When I was in undergraduate school, there was a guy on campus, who every Friday for all four years he was there, would carry red balloons around with him and greet everyone he met with "Happy Friday." I got to know him and he was so inspiring. Before college he had been in a severely bad car accident that resulted in multiple physical and cognitive disabilities. Even though it took away his talents as an athlete and set him back drastically physically and mentally, he was just so positive about life. And part of that positivity was recognizing that every Friday is a celebration. He had made it one more week!
Although he and I have lost touch, and I don't even remember his name, every Friday I think of him.
Every Friday his positive spirit still reminds me that no matter what is going on in life at the moment, it is still a celebration to have made it through one more week.
I think he has forever changed my life and my outlook.
This Friday. I am celebrating these things that make me happy:
1. My monthly reports are almost done. I'm so glad they only come once a month.
2. I have not been bed-ridden once while being sick this month. Sometimes you have to remember just how fantastic the basics are. And after all, that isn't very basic.
3. Its Halloween weekend!
4. I'm not in school! Last year for Halloween I was up all night writing a paper. Finally had to turn off the porch light because the trick or treaters were interrupting my paper writing too much. It made me feel like the grinch. This year I have tons of candy ready to be handed out (and eaten too... I have very little self control)
5. We had snow this week. It was beautiful.
6. The trees had leaves so the snow made them heavy and there were lots of snapped limbs and branches . Thankfully none seemed to seriously damage any houses or cars that I've seen. And none were in my yard!
7. I bought myself coke zero. I almost never have any sort of pop in the house. But coke zero goes so well with rum. YUM.
8. The cold weather also means lots of my favorite teas
9. I got to make my first batch of homemade soup! YUM.
10. And I have some art to share with you again this week.
Linking up with Paint Party Friday with some Holiday Spirit.