Just a few paintings done last week. This week my work days were much too much too long.
from the prompt "I will not enable ___ this year" I had to do a little response art to a client that keeps talking about "throwing in (her) mom card". Its a pretty big pet peeve of mine when parents say they are done parenting. I understand if you are tired of parenting... but guess what, you are a parent, you don't get to be done.
from the prompt "I want to improve ____ this year"
And its Friday... so of course I still have my mental check list of red balloons floating in my mind.
These are the red balloons making this Friday a Happy Friday:
1. This fabulous combination of two great loves of mine: Star Wars and Dogs
I've seriously watched it about 7 times or so today... it makes me giggle each time. And that black lab looks so darn happy to be a part of it. Now if only there was a German Shepherd in the mix...
2. Some friends will be hosting a superbowl party in February. They actually are not football fans, but they like to throw gatherings with good food. It should be a blast. And they've promised the game will be on too. The above video got me excited about the commercials!
3. My bunny ring... an early birthday present from the hubby who calls me Bunny
4. Some more bunnies I found while thrifting (which is cute because Hubby used to call me Blue Bunny because I had blue hair)
5. Listening to Etta James. Her legendary voice will live on.
6. One of my friends started a program while we were in college together, where he began raising money for orphans in Hondorus. He has now just built his very own orphanage and school. I'm always thrilled to see his facebook updates. He is a modern day hero and has really seen his dreams become reality... in a big way.
7. The weather has been warm for January the last two days. It will change quickly, but I've been enjoying it while it lasts. And this weekend I'm looking forward to meeting up with a friend for a walk with our pups.
8. Hubby and I have plans to go to the art museum and then catch the rodeo. I love our dates!
9. Its my birthday this week and my hubby has been acting awfully cute about it! I'll have to work, but I've decided that I'm not going to have any evening appointments. Hubby is also not going to work into the evening and we are going to go out for dinner during the middle of the week --- which happens just about never. I'm excited!
10. I got a birthday card from my grandparents. They've been declining in health over the last few years and my grandmother (the one who used to be on top of everyone's birthdays) has advanced alzeimer's. She usually doesn't remember exactly who I am even when I'm visiting and has a much harder time placing me when I'm not there in person. Although I try to write them weekly, I haven't gotten a card from them in a few years. It was a really sweet surprise.