Today is the first day of Spring!
I can't wait to plant my garden, but right now it is more in the dream stage as the ground here is not ready for true preparation.
I always have left over seeds from the year before (I get a little over zealous in my seed shopping. Happens each year. I never learn). Do you have old seeds too?
To make sure they are still viable you can test them:
1. Lay 10 seeds of the same type of seed on a moist paper towel.
2. Fold the towel so that the seeds are enclosed. And place into a plastic bag.
* If you are testing multiple seed types - you'll want to label the bag.
3. Put the bag in a warm spot and leave for a few days.
4. Check to see how many seeds sprouted.
* If 7 or more have sprouted the seeds are good to go! If 4-6 have, use them but sow them more heavily. If less than 4... then they aren't much good.