Tremendous things are in store for you! Many inspirational treats await you! Inside this Scrumdiddlyuptious blog you will find mystic and marvelous surprises that will entrance, intrigue, & delight you beyond measure. So don't just sit there with your mouth open. Go on. FEED YOUR IMAGINATION!
My Mommy is turning 60 this February.
She is treating herself to a trip to Paris, the city she loves the most, with a good girl friend that has been a part of her life since they were both young military wives.
She has been so excited and has been practicing her French. She knows the very important sentence of "May I have more wine please"
To add to her excitement I've been sending little notes counting down the days:
January is also full of birthdays for my family and friends. So out went a bunch of birthday cards. This one to my cousin, born one week before me, that looks exactly like she did in middle school. Too cute.
And the New Year also brought about a ton of engagements for my friends and family. So engagement cards went out as well.
the Nice Rock ones are my own... and I've given them as cards or as prints to the brides-to-be
Lots of lovely mail going out.
And I'm still home sick, so today I plan on sitting down and finishing some half-written letters to dear friends and family.
Hope you are having a fabulous start to your week!
1. Saturday - we went on a date to the National Western Stock Show in Denver. I've always wanted to go and I'm so glad we finally did! (unfortunately the Rodeo was sold out though)
This furry cow was so cute. He almost came home with me!
It was a super fun date night!
2. Picnik is closing. This does not make me happy. But what does make me happy is now I get to play with all the extra features that previously cost money. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing some photo editing from now till April!
3. Sunday - The Patriots won and are playing against the Giants in the SuperBowl. It was a fun day of football.
4. Monday - It was a rough day but I got little text pick-me-ups from my the wonderfully sweet and happy Kary. Sometimes its the little things that make the biggest difference!
5. Tuesday - Rather than our typical supervision and consultation, this week all the multisystemic therapists that specialize in problem sexual behaviors went out for lunch. After specializing in family therapy with families that have youth sex offenders... our humor is a bit twisted. And the humor was a nice break from what is typically a pretty rough job.
6. Wednesday - My birthday!
Not my typical birthday since the Hubby was too sick to speak/get up from bed. We forgoed my family's tradition of Belgium Waffle breakfast. But he did hum me happy birthday even though he couldn't really speak!
My co-worker/friend took me out for Pho during a lunch hour. Just to have a lunch hour is nice .... to actually go out and eat lunch with good conversation/humor is even better! I also only did meetings with other professionals with some of my clients, rather than see my clients in the typical family/individual sessions I run... which meant an easy work day without anyone calling me names, cursing, or any of that craziness! And I was done by 6:30PM which is an EARLY day!
And despite him being home with Strep throat, this is what I came home to from my hubby:
And inside that remarkable wrapping job... a lens for my camera! Lucky me!
And since our throats were scratchy it was a quiet night of soup and icecream with an early bedtime. But it was nice just to cuddle and be sick together. And we topped it off with hot toddies, as my family swears on the healing powers of whiskey. :)
Also, facebook was bombarded with lovely messages. It was really sweet.
7. Thursday - I was supposed to be in training all day but woke up too sick to go. Blessing in disguise? possibly! Instead I got to stay home, eat soup and drink tea, and catch up on my paperwork without staying up late. Of course I also felt like I was dying, but you know, you take what you can get!
8. Friday - A good majority of today I felt like a hot mess or I was completely knocked out sound asleep. However, thinking about all these happy things for my happy friday made me.. well, happy. I'm such a lucky girl to have so much to be thankful for. One of the blessings of having chronic illnesses is that acute illnesses really don't set me back mentally the way they seem to effect others. And so today, my heart is overwhelmed with joy.
And with that I give you this week's painting.
9. I'm going to watch Princess Bride. It is the best sick-day movie ever. And I can quote the entire thing word for word.. well I could if my throat wasnt so scratchy!
10. Tomorrow night I had plans to meet a friend for drinks. Obviously me and my germs are not gonna make the date. So instead she is insisting on bringing me lemon sorbet and doing a ding-dong-ditch to avoid contact with my germs. She is an absolute sweetheart. Thoughtful people are the best people.
Just a few paintings done last week. This week my work days were much too much too long.
from the prompt "I will not enable ___ this year" I had to do a little response art to a client that keeps talking about "throwing in (her) mom card". Its a pretty big pet peeve of mine when parents say they are done parenting. I understand if you are tired of parenting... but guess what, you are a parent, you don't get to be done.
from the prompt "I want to improve ____ this year"
Another thanks to An'Angelia for the prompts.
And its Friday... so of course I still have my mental check list of red balloons floating in my mind.
These are the red balloons making this Friday a Happy Friday:
1. This fabulous combination of two great loves of mine: Star Wars and Dogs
I've seriously watched it about 7 times or so today... it makes me giggle each time. And that black lab looks so darn happy to be a part of it. Now if only there was a German Shepherd in the mix...
2. Some friends will be hosting a superbowl party in February. They actually are not football fans, but they like to throw gatherings with good food. It should be a blast. And they've promised the game will be on too. The above video got me excited about the commercials!
3. My bunny ring... an early birthday present from the hubby who calls me Bunny
4. Some more bunnies I found while thrifting (which is cute because Hubby used to call me Blue Bunny because I had blue hair)
5. Listening to Etta James. Her legendary voice will live on.
6. One of my friends started a program while we were in college together, where he began raising money for orphans in Hondorus. He has now just built his very own orphanage and school. I'm always thrilled to see his facebook updates. He is a modern day hero and has really seen his dreams become reality... in a big way.
7. The weather has been warm for January the last two days. It will change quickly, but I've been enjoying it while it lasts. And this weekend I'm looking forward to meeting up with a friend for a walk with our pups.
8. Hubby and I have plans to go to the art museum and then catch the rodeo. I love our dates!
9. Its my birthday this week and my hubby has been acting awfully cute about it! I'll have to work, but I've decided that I'm not going to have any evening appointments. Hubby is also not going to work into the evening and we are going to go out for dinner during the middle of the week --- which happens just about never. I'm excited!
10. I got a birthday card from my grandparents. They've been declining in health over the last few years and my grandmother (the one who used to be on top of everyone's birthdays) has advanced alzeimer's. She usually doesn't remember exactly who I am even when I'm visiting and has a much harder time placing me when I'm not there in person. Although I try to write them weekly, I haven't gotten a card from them in a few years. It was a really sweet surprise.
“On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?" Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?" And Vanity comes along and asks the question, "Is it popular?" But Conscience asks the question "Is it right?" And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right.” ―Martin Luther King Jr.
Bad quality photo, but AMAZING quality collage. His crab is made up of other ocean themed images - fish and a shell. I think his ability for composition plus his ability to go with a theme is just genius.
As a bit of my self care and in hopes to achieve my goal of becoming a better photographer, when I have time in-between client sessions, I take my camera for walks in interesting places nearby my client's homes/schools/courts/wherever I am meeting them.
Providing community based services has its perks.
Last week I took a walk around Fairmount, a beautiful, historic, and HUGE graveyard in the middle of Denver.
My happy list, like mental red-balloons floating around my mind to remind me that this is a Happy Friday:
1. My blogger-friend An'Angelia has been supplying her readers with daily prompts forever. This week for Paint Party Friday, I'm showing you the watercolors created from her prompts for this week.
2. TV shows started up this week. I havent had much time to watch them, but today I have a short work day and then I can come home and veg out for a bit.
3. Super glad it is a short work day. I am facing a flair-up in my illnesses and yesterday felt like it took forever to be done with... so today it will be nice to start the weekend a little earlier. Also regarding my flair-up. It is a nice reminder that I am not this sick or in this much pain all the time. And I'm really thankful for that.
4. Talking about sicknesses. My little nephew has been having some serious health issues for two years and can't seem to eat without throwing up. The doctors thought it might be something that would require surgery... he has been in and out of the hospital all week, and it is looking like there might be a much easier solution. He has been a real trooper and is doing well.
5. The client that has cussed me out and called me names every time I've met with him actually behaved himself yesterday, was bordering polite, and even smiled once or twice. It was a miracle. And well-timed considering #3.
6. Today is Little Christmas (the Epiphany, Three Kings Day). Merry Little Christmas!!! I love that my family celebrates this. I wish I had time this morning to make waffles, but we will have to skip that this year. However my hubby will get one small gift from me and I will bake something with a luck-baby inside. Traditions make me happy!
7. I somehow lucked how and got to drive all the nice company cars this week for work. It sounds silly - but it really does make a difference when I have to drive long distances between clients' homes.
8. Before I come home and veg... my camera and I have a date.
10. This quotation from Sydney Smith: "Resolve to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment."
2. "I will ____ less in 2012"
3. "I want to learn ___ in 2012"
4. "I will find greater balance in my life"
5. "I will pamper my body by doing ___"
6. "I will nurture my spirit by ___"
Where is #1 you ask... check out my earlier post this week :)